Priority Lane terms and conditions
General Terms and Conditions of Membership and Use
These General Terms and Conditions apply to all customers of Brussels South Charleroi Airport, who wish to use the benefits of the Lounge and/or the Priority Lane.
Brussels South Charleroi Airport reserves the right to alter these General Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice, or to cancel the programme if it no longer fits with its strategy.
These General Terms and Conditions are available on the website http://www.charleroi-airport.com and are posted in the lounge. They take precedence over any other document.
1. Presentation of the Lounge and Priority Lane concept
1. a. Lounge
The Lounge is located in the airside section of the airport (after passage through security control) and is only accessible to holders of an admission ticket.
It is accessible during airport opening hours by means of an access code issued when the service is purchased. The Lounge is not staffed by BSCA and/or airline staff.
The following services are available:
- Drinks (soft & red/white wine);
- Newspapers and magazines;
- Use of a computer with internet access;
- Television screen (no option to change channels).
1. b. Priority Lane
The Priority Lane is an option enabling holders to pass through security control quickly and calmly via a separate security lane from those used by other passengers.
The Priority Lane is different from the “fast track” products offered by airlines which give priority in aircraft boarding.
2. How to use the Lounge and/or Priority Lane
Tickets to use the Lounge and/or Priority Lane are sold in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
· One ticket is required per person except for infants under the age of 2 accompanied by an adult ticket holder.
· Access to the Lounge and/or Priority Lane is only available in conjunction with a boarding pass or “Check-in Voucher”.
· It entitles the holder to use the safety lanes exclusively for Priority Lane customers but:
- does not, under any circumstances, guarantee the absence of a queue at security control;
- does not exempt the holder from compliance with all security procedures;
- does not exempt the holder from compliance with the general terms and conditions of the airline with which he is travelling.
· Once a reservation for the Lounge and/or Priority Lane has been confirmed, it can no longer be changed or cancelled by the customer.
· BSCA reserves the right to close the Lounge (or offer a reduced service) at any time, without prior notice, for reasons of security, safety, default by a service provider or reasons beyond its control. No refund may be claimed in such circumstances.
· As access to the lounge is limited to a maximum of 15 people, BSCA reserves the right to refuse access to additional voucher holders.
· BSCA reserves the right to close the Priority Lane at any time, without prior notice, for reasons of security. No refund may be claimed in such circumstances.
· BSCA accepts no liability for delays suffered by the holder of an access voucher for the Lounge and/or Priority Lane, as a result of failure by him to comply with the security or police regulations applicable within the airport, or in cases of force majeure.
3. Obligations incumbent on customers
All customers purchasing access to the Lounge will be assigned a voucher with a number exclusive to them and not transferrable.
BSCA reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone holding a pass for the lounge whose dress or behaviour are deemed inappropriate, without the customer being entitled to claim any form of refund.
BSCA reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone holding a pass for one person who has provided access to the Lounge to a third party without a voucher.
Drinks and food provided to access pass holders must be consumed in the lounge and within reasonable limits.
It is strictly forbidden to use the internet access provided to visit sites of a sexual nature, contrary to common decency or inciting hatred or racial discrimination.
The lounge is open strictly in line with airport opening hours (4.30 a.m. – 11.30 p.m.). It may not in any circumstances be used as place to sleep.
The lounge is cleaned once a day and users are therefore requested to dispose of their rubbish in the area provided before leaving the lounge.
BSCA accepts no liability in respect of late, lost or misdirected emails.
5. Period of validity of the voucher
The customer is free to choose the date and time when he goes through security using the Priority Lane.
Access to the Lounge, however, is only available on the date specified by the customer and during opening hours.
All requests for information or further details and any claims must be addressed to BSCA’s non-Aviation commercial department.
7. Protection of personal data
7a. The non-Aviation commercial department at Charleroi Airport, 8 Rue des Frères Wright, 6041 Gosselies, is the party responsible for the processing of personal data.
7b. BSCA complies with Belgian law and more specifically with the law of 08/12/1992 concerning the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data. This law stipulates inter alia that the person or company that collects the data has an obligation to obtain authorisation from the person whose personal data are concerned, that these data must be relevant, fair and correct and that they must be collected for specific, clear and lawful purposes.
7c. All customers of the BSCA Lounge are assumed to have read and understood this privacy statement and to have implicitly accepted it and agreed to it.
The invalidity of any provision due to a conflict with binding legislation shall not in any way affect the enforceability of all other provisions.
7d. The personal data collected via the service to passengers are intended exclusively for internal use and are not passed to other organisations for commercial purposes. They are used in light of membership of the passenger recognition programme, for statistical and commercial purposes and in order to communicate information on campaigns and promotions by the airport and its partners.
As well as:
§ In order to provide services to customers;
§ To modify and develop new services;
§ In the context of management and administration of the programme;
§ In the context of the work of the Airport’s non-Aviation commercial department;
§ To create a customer profile in the context of other market analyses or marketing studies conducted by BSCA’s non-Aviation commercial department;
§ For direct marketing purposes;
§ In order to conduct market studies.
7e. Personal data shall be kept as a minimum for the period of validity of the ticket and for two further years in order that the member may be notified of new features in the programme.
7f. By using BSCA’s Lounge service, the customer gives his agreement to the airport’s policy with respect to the protection of privacy. He gives his consent to the processing and use of his data as described in this statement.
7g. Every customer is entitled to consult, correct and delete his own data. In order to do so, he must send a request in writing to BSCA’s non-Aviation commercial department enclosing proof of his identity. The customer may object free of charge to the use of his data for direct marketing purposes, such as advertising campaigns for example.
7h. BSCA reserves the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, provided that it notifies users via its website.
8. Applicable law and court of jurisdiction
All disputes or differences of opinion in relation to these General Terms and Conditions shall be subject to Belgian law and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the commercial court of the Hainaut judicial district, Charleroi division.